Walkshop # 10: “You are the Measure”
October 20th, 2018, 2pm – 4:00 pm
led by Laura Elayne Miller
Join California Walkscapes artist Laura Elayne Miller on a walk through the Mission District for a unique experience of space & place. This Walkshop will use a conceptual strategy game to discover a holistic experience of our surroundings. “You are the Measure” explores the act of walking using a pair of dice based on a complimentary diagram: one expresses the 6 qualities of physical space, and the other expresses the 6 qualities of perceived space. We’ll roll the dice together and discover each location new with interactive activities and zines.
Laura Elayne Milleris an interdisciplinary artist based in Oakland. She explores the spectrum that exists between binaries such as truth and fiction, nature and human perception, history and memory. Laura’s work has been shown across the US and in Europe, including exhibitions at Albus Lux in the Netherlands, The Mission Projects and The Center for Book and Paper Arts in Chicago, Krasl Art Museum, Interlochen Center for The Arts, Artists’ Television Access and Fort Mason in San Francisco. Currently, she is Visiting Assistant Professor of Art Practice at Saint Mary’s College of California.
Here are the most important details if you want to attend:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location:Incline Gallery, 766 Valencia Street, San Francisco, CA
- Start Time: 2pm
- Duration: approx. 2 hours
- Equipment: Journal, notebook, camera or related recording devices
- Clothing: Very comfortable walking shoes, a hat, a snack and/or some cash for food (some places only accept cash), water, and potentially sunscreen. Please consult the weather report for that day when planning what to wear. Layers are encouraged because of the changing microclimate in SF.